Have you ever heard abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym? It’s a fact.
Nutrition is not just about what you eat; it’s more about where the nutrients come from. Sure, you can track calories in and calories out and lose weight, but if you want to lose fat rather than muscle you need a more targeted approach. If you’re only working with calories, you have no guidance for what to eat. Let’s face it, there are a lot of ways to consume 1500 calories, and not all of them are going to help you lose fat.
Rather than taking a calorie-focused approach, we’ve found the best way to lose fat is to follow a macro-focused plan. This is what our nutrition coaching is about and how we can deliver results when:
- You have a relatively low amount of fat to lose or you just want to tone without adding a lot of extra muscle
- You have a large amount of fat to lose and/or you want to put on a lot of muscle.
- You fall somewhere in the middle
I wish I could tell you that fat loss is as easy as a single formula and sticking to your macros but that would be almost as bad as telling you that you just need to track your calories and you’ll be fine. The truth is a lot more goes in to dialing in your ideal macro target than your weight and body fat percentage. Though that’s a great place to start. When we work with clients, we look at a lot of other things. Age, metabolism, current fitness level, somatotype (body type), health considerations, and goals.
Here is what you can expect from our nutrition coaching programs
- Weekly check in’s.
- Unlimited text access.
- Fat measurements.
- Lean body mass.
- A 3D body scanner.
- Progress photos. every month.
- Pay attention to how your clothes fit and feel.
- Pay attention to how your body feels and moves.
- Is it easier to do regular activities?
- Are there things you couldn’t do before that you find yourself doing with more ease?
- How are your cravings and appetite?
- How’s your sleep?
- Use a 3D body scanner.
Losing fat with the right macros should improve sleep and shorten your recovery time after a workout. Over time your clothes will fit differently and even if the scale isn’t moving, there is a story your progress photos can tell that a scale never could.
Whether you’re a man or a woman, young or old, fat loss and muscle gain are possible. Sure, it takes some effort and some playing around with numbers to find the right fit for you, but you can absolutely do it if you commit to the process.